Carmenta Tutor Profile: Brian G.
Brian G., B.A.
Carmenta Tutor rates range from $75/hr. to $220/hr. If you are interested in hiring one of our tutors, please Email or call us at (212) 203-8734.
- Ancient Greek
- Basic Math
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- SAT (Math and English Sections)
- ACT (Math and English Sections)
- GRE (Math and English Sections)
- PSAT (Math and English Sections)
- English Grammar
- Essay Writing
Brian has a B.A. in Linguistics and Classics (the equivalent of a doube major) from Brown University.
Years Worked As Teacher/Tutor
Standardized Tests Taken
SAT: Total 2300 (Last taken 2008)
PSAT: Total 218 (Last taken 2007)
GRE: Total 167/165/167 (Last taken 2013)
Brian graduated from Brown University in 2013 with a B.A. in Linguistics and Classics. He began tutoring for Chegg Tutors (formerly InstaEDU) that summer, in subjects including Latin, linguistics, ESL, other languages, math and test prep. In 2014 Brian earned a TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) certificate from the Boston Language Institute and began teaching English as a second language at Boston Life in Cambridge, MA, and at EF. He then took a break from ESL to teach Latin as a long-term sub in 2014-2015 at Kimball Union Academy in Meriden, NH before returning to teach ESL at Target International Student Center in Boston, MA in the spring of 2015. During the 2015-2016 academic year, Brian taught English as a foreign language in Moscow, Russia.
- I earned my high school's Classical Languages award my junior and senior year and the German award my senior year. In 2009 I became an Eagle Scout and earned my Private Pilot License. That summer I was also one of 5 seniors from the US to win a month-long trip to Germany based on my scores on the AATG National German Exam and an application process. All expenses were paid by the German Pädagogischer Austauschdienst (academic exchange department) and we joined students from other countries around the world and host families in traveling and practicing German.
- I graduated from Brown University in 2013 with a B.A. in Linguistics and Classics, where I was a National Merit Scholar. I played tuba in the Brown University Band, playing at sports games around the northeast, and in the Brown University Orchestra, with which I toured Ireland in 2013. I became a member of the Alpha Delta Phi Literary Society in 2010, where I served as recruitment chair, house manager and historian, among other positions.
- I studied German, Latin, Ancient Greek, Chinese and Italian in high school and German, Chinese, Russian, Latin, Middle Egyptian, Old Norse, Hittite and Old Church Slavonic at Brown.
- I received a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate in 2014.
- I survived 9 months in Russia, most of which was the winter!
- I have been to 21 countries and 32 US states.
Brian is an awesome teacher who knows what he is doing. He has taught me many things I never would have even thought of. He has been an amazing Greek teacher for me and has taught me so much.
Denver, CO, USA
Brian does a good job of breaking the mammoth chapters in the textbook into manageable chunks. When I first ordered the textbook it looked too intimidating to even begin to approach, but it hasn’t been nearly as bad as I expected. He helps us to see the parallels between what we are learning in Ancient Greek and what we have already learned in Latin, so it isn’t as foreign as it feels upon first looking at it.
Dallas, TX, USA
Eastern (North America)
Preferred Method of Contact With Students